London Removals Harrow District – Removals Harrow on the Hill
Removals, Storage, Man and Van, Office Moves and House Clearance in Harrow on the Hill and HA1, Harrow Postal District, North West London.
Allen & Young are a Moving and Storage Company based in London and we regularly move clients to and from the Harrow on the Hill area. We offer Removals, Storage, Packing Services, Man and Van Hire, House Clearance and Removal packaging such as boxes, tape and bubble wrap can also be purchased though our site. We also provide a full range of Business Services such as office moves, light haulage, furniture delivery and assembly. Although offer the full range of removal services and frequently undertake large moves, we specialise in light and medium sized removals, perfect for apartments, flats, studios, bedsits, houses and moving offices. In addition we offer some specialist removal services such as comprehensive relocations for senior citizens planning to move into residential care homes, nursing homes or sheltered accommodation in Harrow on the Hill.
About Harrow on the Hill
Harrow on the Hill is an area of north west London, England and part of the London Borough of Harrow and located in the postal district HA1. The name refers to a large local hill of 408 feet. Allen and Young Ltd carry out all moving services including removals, man and van, storage, packing and house clearance in the Harrow on the Hill area.
The earliest recorded use of the name is found in 1398 as Harrowe atte Hille. Etymology before then derives from Harrow, which is first recorded in 767 as Gumeninga hergae. A suggested meaning is heathen temple of a tribe called the Gumeningas. The hill has historically been used as a place of pagan worship. It is alternatively explained to mean the church upon the hill.
Harrow on the Hill formed an ancient parish and later civil parish in the Gore hundred of Middlesex. In 1831 it had a population of 3,861 and occupied an area of 9,870 acres. There were significant boundary changes in 1894, when the bulk of the parish was removed to create the parishes of Harrow Weald, Wealdstone and Wembley. By 1931 it occupied a reduced area of 2,129 acres and had a population of 26,380. It formed the Harrow on the Hill Urban District of Middlesex from 1894 and was abolished by a County Review Order in 1934, with the bulk of the area forming part of a new civil parish and urban district of Harrow. In 1954 the urban district was incorporated as the Municipal Borough of Harrow and in 1965 it was transferred to Greater London to form the London Borough of Harrow.
The population of the Harrow on the Hill ward of the London Borough of Harrow was 9,578 in 1991 and 10,632 in 2001. It occupies an area of 357 hectares and in 2001 had a population density of 29.74 persons per hectare. There were 4,539 households in the district in 2001. The ward’s boundaries encompass the majority of the hill and also Roxeth, Sudbury Hill and parts of West Harrow.