Removals, Storage, Man and Van Hire and House Clearance in Kingsbury and NW9.
Allen & Young are a North West London Moving and Storage Company and we regularly move clients to, from and within the Kingsbury area. We offer Removals, Packing Services, Man and Van Hire, Storage and House Clearance, with removal packaging such as boxes, tape and bubble wrap also available for purchase via our site. We also provide a full range of Business Services such as office moves, light haulage, furniture delivery and assembly. Although we offer the full range of removal services, frequently undertaking large moves, we also specialise in light and medium sized removals, perfect for apartments, flats, studios, bedsits, houses and moving offices. In addition we offer some specialist removal services such as comprehensive relocations for senior citizens planning to move into residential care homes, nursing homes or sheltered accommodation in Kingsbury.
Allen & Young Ltd are fully insured and are members of the National Guild of Removers and Storers. For your peace of mind, we are also members of the Removal Industry Ombudsman Scheme, so we can guarantee that you will receive a professional service at all times. For further information, please call or email us.
Kingsbury is a place in the London Borough of Brent, North West London and is located in postal district NW9. Its name means "The King's Manor".
Kingsbury was historically a small parish in the Hundred of Gore and county of Middlesex. Until the nineteenth century it was largely rural with only scattered settlements. Oliver Goldsmith lived at Hyde Farm in Kingsbury from 1771 to 1774. David William Murray, 3rd Earl of Mansfield was buried at St. Andrew's churchyard in 1840.
Although it lay close to London, development started slowly, and it was not until after World War I that the district became built up. An aircraft industry was established in the part of Kingsbury adjacent to Hendon aerodrome during the war, while the road network was improved to cater for the British Empire Exhibition in nearby Wembley in 1924. The number of inhabited houses in the civil parish increased from just 140 in 1901 to 3,937 in 1931. By 1951 this had risen to 11,776. Between 1921 and 1931 Kingsbury's population increased by 796 %.
John Logie Baird's experimental transmissions from England to Berlin, Germany were transmitted from the stable block of Kingsbury Manor, now the Veterans Club in Roe Green Park.
From from 1923 to 1979 Kingsbury Road was the location of the Vanden Plas specialist motor body works, body makers for Bentley and later part of Austin, BMC, and British Leyland. The site is now Kingsbury Trading Estate.
In 1894 Kingsbury was included in the urban district of Wembley. However as Kingsbury had only three councilors on the urban district council to Wembley's nine, Kingsbury's councilors felt the needs of the area were not well-served. In 1900 Kingsbury became a separate urban district with six councilors. The new council was immediately involved in controversy and in 1906 it failed to make a rate or meet its financial commitments. Following an inquiry initiated by ratepayers the council was increased to nine councilors, although personal difficulties between councilors continued for some years.
In 1934 the Kingsbury Urban District was abolished and merged once more in Wembley Urban District. The urban district became a municipal borough in 1937 and in 1965 the area became part of the London Borough of Brent.
Kingsbury tube station is located on the Kingsbury Road, A4006. There are also many buses which operate within the area of Kingsbury, Kingsbury Green and Kingsbury Circle. These London Buses routes include the 83, 302, 204, 183, 305, 79 and the N98 (Night Bus). These buses provide transport to such areas as Edgware, Hendon, Harrow and Wembley.
Call us today on: 0800 389 7152 or 020 8203 9608
Click here for a quotation